The North Star

Throne of Glass : Book Review

https://www.amazon.com/Throne-Glass-Book-ebook/dp/B007N6JEII

Haley Harves, Staff Writer

An evil king, a conquering kingdom, and a competition featuring the most dangerous individuals in the country. In Sarah J. Maas’ exciting and suspenseful book, Throne of Glass, you’ll get all of these elements. Celaena Sardothien, a 18- year-old assassin, has returned to the capital city of Rifthold in the country of Ardalan after a year of slavery in the mines of Endovier. She has returned to represent the Crown Prince in a fearsome competition put on by his father. If she wins, she will become the King’s Champion for five years, then she’ll finally have her freedom. But soon after arriving at the castle, she realises that there is a threat far more dangerous than her fellow competitors lurking about. After warriors start getting murdered left and right, a plot is uncovered that will change the world forever.

This is the first installment of a seven book series. It goes as follows: Throne of Glass, Crown of Midnight, Heir of Fire, Queen of Shadows, Empire of Storms, The Assassin’s Blade which is a prequel to the first book, and the final book, Kingdom of Ash. The last book just hit shelves October 23, so you can now binge the whole series!

The series features plenty of action and adventure, from exciting duels to full out war. It also has lots of hot drama and suspense. There are plenty of death defying stunts as well as plenty of twists and turns. Last but not least, there is a lot of romance. Celaena has to chose between at least three men throughout the series. These books have a little bit of everything for everyone.

Go check out the Throne of Glass series today!