The student news site of Lakeville North High School

The North Star

Blog: Austria and Germany Day Six: 4-1 to 4-2

Mariah Glinski, Staff Writer

lud udddd udddddd ludwig

*correction from last blog* turns out veal is not lamb, but I still didn’t like the sausage.

Sadly, today was our last full day in Germany.  Breakfast this morning was very enjoyable due to the friendly hotel service.  We proceeded to take a tour through the city of Munich.

We stopped at the BMW museum to see some of the latest models that we got to sit in.  This is also where we saw a guy who looked just like Macklemore and Devon Nielson got a picture with him.  We continued our tour passing museums, monuments, and even the Olympic stadium.

Then, we had our final performance of the trip.  We performed in the main square of Munich in a cathedral.  The performance went beautifully, and I’m really proud of my choir and how well we did and the unforgettable ambiance of the time we spent there.

This performance was especially important to me because I got to meet two of my relatives for the first time since I was little.  My great aunt and her daughter (my dads cousin) live near Munich and it was great to be able to connect with them.

After this, we were given plenty of time to walk around Munich, shop, and eat.  I tried apfelrolle at a bakery and mango-chilli gelato. I also stopped to get a few souvenirs for friends and family as well as some German candy.

Alex Anderson, Lauren Wood, and I met two boys traveling from South Africa that were about our age and were traveling with a group as well.  It was interesting to hear about how a similar trip was going for students from another country.

After re-convening we went back to the hotel to get ready for our last dinner.  The dinner was full of lots of photo taking, the most important being the photo Maddie Gorg and I took with our tour guide, Jose Carlos.

Our last night was spent back at the hotel.  We gathered in a circle at the lobby and sang “The Road Home” together.  It was a great way to remember all the fun times we’ve had and most importantly remembering the real reason we all came on this trip: to sing together.